Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IS IT TIME FOR CHANGE.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boat-man
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: IS IT TIME FOR CHANGE. Reply with quote

Taking nothing away from anyone that has won the all ireland pike trophy under the existing rules,or for that matter been successful in fishing on the irish team is it not time for change to the qualifiers .I am sure that everyone would want the most consistent fishermen to come through to the last ten,if the heats where run on a total bag weight over a set number of heats it would do away with anyone representing ireland having caught a number of small fish.
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interstrating point boat-man.I don't think It's broke so no from me
put good point.
TJPikey
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definetaly worth a lot of cosideration,,when you think that all the affillated clubs run league's throughout the year with the winner being the man with the most points/fewest points depending on what way each club awards the point's to the best angler of each heat at the end of the day its the accumilation of points throughout the year that produce's the top angler in each club,,where as with the fed heats you only have to top that paticular heat to qualify on the day!!!
a very valid point there boatman,,but me think's it will take a lot more than a posting on the forum to change anything within the fed

regards

TJ
D.DENNIS
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thinking boatman,mayby it is time for a change.
F Bell
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's all about catching fish no matter what size they are. However, I think there could be room for reform if the will is there Exclamation
Brian Donnelly
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lack of response from the powers that be says it all,and i have to agree with them,LUDICROUS idea.. Wink Wink
Biffo
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boatman,
I can understand that some lucky anglers qualify for the team with less than spectacular bags of fish. The point to keep in mind is that the qualifiers are held on a number of venues over a number of months. Any chance of consistency is surely eliminated by this.
The competitors on the day are up against the same odds.
Think of it as a knockout competition rather than a league.
Everyone lucky enough or good enough should be entitled to fish for Ireland.
Tight lines,
Biffo
Mickey McKenna
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fomat at the minute is ok so I don't think it should be changed.

Ireland have won the last 2 so there isn't too much wrong with it and I also think that we are leading overall as welll

Mickey
Rory McAllorum
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey McKenna wrote:
I think the fomat at the minute is ok so I don't think it should be changed.

Ireland have won the last 2 so there isn't too much wrong with it and I also think that we are leading overall as welll

Mickey

I agree with the general feeling that if it ain't broken don't fix it. Our international record stands for itself, last years International made it 3 in a row for our team and the overall score stands at 12 - 6 to the Irish, we would be mad to change something that works so well.
boat-man
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i understand that some people are happy with things as they stand,it was just an idea to make the heats a bit more competitive.It is much easier to qualify as things stand at the minute everyone knows at times there are finalists that got there with a single fish at a pound or two.Plus by the time you near the last of the heats half the anglers have gone having already qualified.I think any change that would keep large numbers at all the qualifiers would be healthy for the fed.
pauldennis
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boat-man wrote:
While i understand that some people are happy with things as they stand,it was just an idea to make the heats a bit more competitive.It is much easier to qualify as things stand at the minute everyone knows at times there are finalists that got there with a single fish at a pound or two.Plus by the time you near the last of the heats half the anglers have gone having already qualified.I think any change that would keep large numbers at all the qualifiers would be healthy for the fed.
not everyone can attend 4-5- or 6 heats every year.so they take their chance to qualify whenever they can.so if someone wins or is in the top 5 in a heat and is unable to attennd any other heats they would not be in the final if this new system is put in place,also someone who has qualified in a heat that had between 40 and 80 people this year will be in the final with someone who has qualified from a heat with 13 anglers fishing for 5 places.that's a bit unfair.i think the stewards heat should be scrapped after this year.their are plenty of anglers whom will weigh fish at the comps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: