Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DPA League results 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Club Competitions, Events, Etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rory McAllorum
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Club Competitions, Events, Etc Reply with quote

newgrangepiker wrote:
TJ now thats funny,happy christmas

The thread, Club Competitions, Events, Etc title does not indicate the fact that if a club representative makes a posting, they could possibly be in for a kicking from past members that loved the club in the past and forgot that it was the club that made them, and not them that made the club.

I'm sure that there are a lot of clubs out there that have the same situation. As the DPA representative I feel justified in posting under the heading and would hope that all "decentres" would just get along with their own affairs and not comment on situations where they are not involved.
Mr Pike
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

''The thread, Club Competitions, Events, Etc title does not indicate the fact that if a club representative makes a posting, they could possibly be in for a kicking from past members that loved the club in the past and forgot that it was the club that made them, and not them that made the club. '''

A veiled threat perhaps ,Shocked ............ah bless Laughing .. happy crimbo to you too rory xxx

Mr pike
les
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory ,I am surprised at you for making such a silly statement.All clubs are made up of members not members made up of clubs.Anyone choosing to be a committee member should be able to take criticism after all it is the committees duty to represent the members best interests and not their own.
Merry Xmas to one and all.
G Donohue
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: DPA Reply with quote

TJ thanks for ur seasons greetings hope u and urs have a great one Godfrey

Thanks jimmy t for ur selection, Just the two of us, played the tune, it was fab. as for being the manager, please dont say no, a maybe, maybe. ??? Mr. Green
TJPikey
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Competitions, Events, Etc Reply with quote

Rory McAllorum wrote:
newgrangepiker wrote:
TJ now thats funny,happy christmas

The thread, Club Competitions, Events, Etc title does not indicate the fact that if a club representative makes a posting, they could possibly be in for a kicking from past members that loved the club in the past and forgot that it was the club that made them, and not them that made the club.

I'm sure that there are a lot of clubs out there that have the same situation. As the DPA representative I feel justified in posting under the heading and would hope that all "decentres" would just get along with their own affairs and not comment on situations where they are not involved.
like i have stated on this forum before every club is made up out of member's!! which are the people who choose to join it,,,same as the federation would be only a listed title without it's member's,,a commitee is a group of club/fed member's who have been voted in to represent EVERYONE'S interest's in the running of said club/fed,,,at least thats the way i've alway's seen it,,a commitee does not make a club/fed!! the member's do!! just sometime's/mostimes?? it seem's that some people think that it run's the oppisite way and do as THEY PLEASE ,,,just my 2 cent's on COMITTEE'S,,,,, Cool
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Terry,The way I see this is the members vote in a commitee
and at the agm there are points put to the commitee to address,now
the commitee let it be 7/10 persons gos off and discuss the points
put to the commitee board,now the commitee has to come to a
resolution on all the points in front of them,but the decision will
not please everyone,so the commitee will always get kicked by
somebodies who either was not voted in or likes to sit on the fence
and bitch all day long Exclamation
a little longer than I planned so mayby 10 cent worth Razz
TJPikey
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newgrangepiker wrote:
we seem to be on the same lines alright bren but dont forget,,, you can please all the people some of the time!!

i attend committee meeting's brendan!!!
Mr Pike
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newgrangepiker wrote:

ideally NGP, that is how it should work .if done fairly ...the committee should strive to do best by its members fairly, address their wishes to the best possible outcom, in a fair and democratic way... for the betterment of our sport and protection of our quarry.
But if it strays from this and throw few other factors in the mix or its ran to suit the few or out of self interest/benifit .. there where strife begins, unhappy campers, splits , people walk awayetc have seen it happen many times before (mostly in a club) but in the fed also... and am trying to stop it from happening again !!!!
Mr Pike
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy christmas to all and u and urs godfrey..... glad you liked my remonded duet for ye

mr pike
Magnus
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the records will show that I didn't attend the inaugral meeting of the DPA I always
consider myself to be on of the founder members as I was actively involved with
Messers Boylan, Moffatt and co. when we first mooted the idea of a pike angling club to represent the pike anglers of Dublin.
This was at a time when killing pike in competitions was still common place and ideed one of our
founding objectives was to promote the conservation of pike and were among the first clubs to run competitions
with a mandatory catch and release policy. Another bery strong ethos of the club was the enjoyment of fishing and I remember with great fondness the obvious lack of competitiveness within the club, with some obvious exceptions of course JC!

Anway, to the point. It it with sadness that I now read this and unfortunately several other