Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Split in the NCFFI ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Split in the NCFFI ?? Reply with quote

I hear that there was a rough time at the National Coarse Fishing Federation of Irelands recent EGM. It appears that the Team Manager led around a dozen delegates in a walkout.
It now appears that a group have now established a new organisation called Irish Angling Development Alliance. They have issued press statements and invited people to email an un-names PRO. In fact they havent released the names of anyone involved !!!!
TJPikey
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted a topic on this john,i was actually promoting the new I.A.D.A because i thought it was going to be a good thing for angling as in,, it stated it would represent everybody in angling no matter which catagory you fished
then i heard rumours about this that and the other and like you say in your post there is nobody named as yet!!

i now ask myself if they couldent agree with the organisation which they were already involved in and staged a walk out to form another group !! is there maybe personal agendas being sought by forming this new organisation,,,only time will tell,,,
FloatTubeAddict
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that the people involved are members of a steering committee, and they feel they are unelected, so will not assume officer titles.

They intend to have a first public meeting at which rules can be adopted and officers properly elected, and after that let it go where it will.

I have no connection with it so that's all I can add to what has been posted already.
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloatTubeAddict wrote:
I was told that the people involved are members of a steering committee, and they feel they are unelected, so will not assume officer titles.

They intend to have a first public meeting at which rules can be adopted and officers properly elected, and after that let it go where it will.

I have no connection with it so that's all I can add to what has been posted already.

I would have a flutter that when this public meeting comes up at least 50% of those sitting at the top table would have been among the 13 or 14 who walked out of the recent NCFFI EGM.
FloatTubeAddict
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkchambers wrote:
I would have a flutter that when this public meeting comes up at least 50% of those sitting at the top table would have been among the 13 or 14 who walked out of the recent NCFFI EGM.

Sounds much like that to me too.
However if a new federation gets going that covers pleasure coarse anglers, and I personally never thought that NCFFI gave a fiddlers about pleasure coarse anglers, that I think would be a good thing.
A little inter-federation competition might be no harm and could be good for the customers ie anglers.

We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloatTubeAddict wrote:
jkchambers wrote:

Sounds much like that to me too.
However if a new federation gets going that covers pleasure coarse anglers, and I personally never thought that NCFFI gave a fiddlers about pleasure coarse anglers, that I think would be a good thing.
A little inter-federation competition might be no harm and could be good for the customers ie anglers.

We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition.
Were they not mainly the competition guys who walked out and may be most of the people behind the new organisation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: