Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why bother
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: why bother Reply with quote

we had a visit from our bailiffs today looking at permits and hooks and glad to see them out,but one lad told them about a few EE'S we had seen in the morning killing pike and partying on the bank,his answer " the Irish are as bad" Rolling Eyes I heard this myself ,WTF, is this the way it is ? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
jkchambers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some areas the amount of litter being left behind is a real disgrace. Its not only NNs leaving it, there are lots of our own doing it.
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkchambers wrote:
In some areas the amount of litter being left behind is a real disgrace. Its not only NNs leaving it, there are lots of our own doing it.

like i said why bother,i wont be reporting any more,dont care what i see,we are all branded now with the one iron.
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Dougie you do care, like myself by the sound of it,
I bring a bag with me on trips to collect litter for when
iam on my way back.
so if we don't care WHO will.
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newgrangepiker wrote:
But Dougie you do care, like myself by the sound of it,
I bring a bag with me on trips to collect litter for when
iam on my way back.
so if we don't care WHO will.

i know pal ,i pick up all rubbish not just mine,but what i was telling him they were killing pike beer cans and papers every whare,farmers have banned us from there land becaues of this ,if i cant start with the bailiffs who do i start with,now we are all the same in his eyes ,that hurts
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you,first that bailiff is an ASS if he can't tell the
differance,and he can't so,but all you can is keep up
the good work and talk to the farmers,the farmers know
when the increase in litter started,we have the same crap
going on up here aswell,KEEP THE FAITH.
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate
supa_stench
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A senior member from the shannon region said pretty much the same thing to me last monday. Quite sickening really as we had just called him to hand him some Eastern European poachers on a plate. I think his exact words were 'The Irish angler is every bit as bad and every bit as good when it comes to poaching as the eastern european angler'.

What planet are some of these guys living on?
FloatTubeAddict
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lads - if you start that kind of conversation in any walk of life - everyone will say they aren't a racist. That's all you are getting.
Talk about poachers, the poaching act that is being done, and leave the nationality out of it. Completely.
You will probably find the bailiffs will talk back to you in a less guarded way.
ole_esox
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that some irish anglers are as bad when it comes to littering....if they litter the streets they will litter the banks.Thats one problem, but poaching is an entirely different problem, and i do not agree that irish anglers are as bad as the ee's when it comes to poaching.The ee's are in a league of their own when it comes to this matter and we are no way near dealing with it!
Fisherman: "Hey, pal! You've been standing there watching me fish for three hours! Why don't you get a rod and reel and do some fishing yourself?" Onlooker: "No, thanks. I don't have the patience for it"
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloatTubeAddict wrote:
Lads - if you start that kind of conversation in any walk of life - everyone will say they aren't a racist. That's all you are getting.
Talk about poachers, the poaching act that is being done, and leave the nationality out of it. Completely.
You will probably find the bailiffs will talk back to you in a less guarded way.

very good point and i get where you are coming from,i will try that approach from now on Wink
supa_stench
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa hold on a second there float tube. This has got absolutely nothing to do with racism.

The only nationality I seen mentioned in this thread was Ireland??

'The Irish angler is every bit as bad and every bit as good when it comes to poaching as the eastern european angler'.

IS AS RIDDICULOUS A STATEMENT AS

The brazilian footballer is every bit as good and every bit as bad at winning football matches as the San marino footballer.

May well be its a nice thing to say and wont hurt anyone's feelings but it is completely untrue.
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supa_stench wrote:
Whoa hold on a second there float tube. This has got absolutely nothing to do with racism.

when we told the baliffs we said ee's. may be if we said poachers or people then it gives them no opening to say irish...and your right it has noting to do with racisim but god knows how it gets turned around on us all the time.
cavanfishing
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen if the lad is from Eastern Europe then that's where he's from. What the hell is all this bloody pc attitude about????? You are a moderator over on FTI Norm yeah..? Well you may have managed to muzzle members (god knows there ain't many of them that agree with you) there but I think you will find a more realistic approach when you come outside of your little world there all rapped in cotton wool. Rolling Eyes
Facts are facts and when it comes to POACHING you only need ask some of the waterkeepers around the country and you will learn the truth as to who is poaching fish in vast numbers be they pike, bream, tench or hybrids. Ye Irish people may take a pike now and again but you go off there and show me the proof of Irish fined or summonsed for illegal fishing, barbequing fish on the bank or littering vast numbers of foreign cigarette packets, foreign vodka and beer bottles and cans etc.
I can tell you you'll be hard pressed to find any! You're opinion isn't the "way it should be" it's just the feeling you have about a subject. Lads on the ground in heavily poached areas have a different feeling and know well that what you believe or know is so far from the truth! Wink
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cavanfishing wrote:
Listen if the lad is from Eastern Europe then that's where he's from. What the hell is all this bloody pc attitude about????? You are a moderator over on FTI Norm yeah..? Well you may have managed to muzzle members (god knows there ain't many of them that agree with you) there but I think you will find a more realistic approach when you come outside of your little world there all rapped in cotton wool. Rolling Eyes
:

who is that fired at?
cavanfishing
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not you Dougie and you're right to question the ethics of not calling a spade a spade. The above post was to Norm aka Float Tube Addict. Apologies if you thought it was you Wink
dougie
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no prob between ye it is Cool
F Bell
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to persevere otherwise you'll give the poachers more encouragement to practise their obscene acts.

I know it's frustrating and disheartening when you see these f%%kers getting off lightly or the authorties less than enthusiastic in tackling them. However, use the local media, radio, etc to get your point across if you feel the bailiffs are not doing their job. You can't be sued if its true!!
cavanfishing
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F Bell wrote:
You can't be sued if its true!!

Well thanks be to God someone else has sense and sees it like the majority of realistic minded anglers do. I have said this before and some seem to think we cant use nationalities (regardless of it being true Rolling Eyes ), swear words or even the fact that they are Eastern European. They are and that has been proven time and time again and this pc/racisct card is imho a pathetic answer from those who only have their heads in the sand and don't give two fcuks about the problems facing us once they are so far away from where this is going on daily!
It's sickening that we have to pussyfoot around this topic for fear of some bloody fool saying you cant tar everybody with the same brush. Well WE AREN'T!! Evil or Very Mad
F Bell
Experienced Fisherman
Experienced Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Poaching Reply with quote

cavanfishing wrote:
F Bell wrote:
You can't be sued if its true!!

Well thanks be to God someone else has sense and sees it like the majority of realistic minded anglers do. I have said this before and some seem to think we cant use nationalities (regardless of it being true Rolling Eyes ), swear words or even the fact that they are Eastern European. They are and that has been proven time and time again and this pc/racisct card is imho a pathetic answer from those who only have their heads in the sand and don't give two fcuks about the problems facing us once they are so far away from where this is going on daily!
It's sickening that we have to pussyfoot around this topic for fear of some bloody fool saying you cant tar everybody with the same brush. Well WE AREN'T!! Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for your support Cavanfishing. You only have to look in the papers to see it's mostly, if not all, Eastern Europeans who are doing the damage and that's the way it is - FACT. I don't give a fcuk who gets offended. You simply have to try and combat poaching any way one can. And we as keen anglers have a part to play along with the state authorities. Also the penalties should be stronger to discourage people raping our fisheries!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: