Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Court Cases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L_ESOX
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Court Cases Reply with quote

Cases taken to court and reported in County Cavan and County Monaghan newspapers over the past year.

APRIL 2008

APRIL 2008

FEBRUARY 2008

JANUARY 2008

SEPTEMBER 2007

SEPTEMBER 2007

JULY 2007

FEBRUARY 2007

NOVEMBER 2006

NOVEMBER 2006

jkchambers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one.
meathpiker
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

JK helped us on the 3 no show lads on Corglass. Provided a number for Frank green and Frank showed up within 30 mins !!
jkchambers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was glat to have been able to help
meathpiker
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: court cases Reply with quote

I think too many aglers out there expect the fisheries board to monitor everything. They in fact rely on us to be vigilant and report such matters at the time and not a call to the office on Monday morning.
I would ask anyone who sees anything on our lakes or rivers to call the fisheries board immediatley on one of their mobile numbers.
I will try and dig a few out and post them up. If anyone has some maybe they could post them up and you guys can save them in your phone. I never had them but had JK's number in my phone and was able to call him on a Sunday morning. He in turn provided same.
Rory McAllorum
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

The only numbers that most anglers have for the boards are the office working hours numbers. These numbers are not much use to any angler that wants to alert the boards of illegal angling activity if they are out fishing at the weekends. I think it would be very helpful if a comprehensive list of fisheries officers and their mobile numbers were published on the site as meathpiker suggests.

Rory
fisher38
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good side also to have a lot of anglers. They were going to be watchful whatever or wherever you going to put them. But the effect they're going to be dependent on your resources. 'Though bad people who has negative intention to your livelihood will be drove away. Wink
supa_stench
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be concerted effort in the Cavan/Monaghan area to punish poachers to the full rigors of the law. The above cases were all reported in the Anglo Celt newsparer.

I'd like to know if poachers are punished to the same degree in other area's of the country and are the cases covered in local newspapers?
newgrangepiker
Weathered Fisherman
Weathered Fisherman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have being a few reported in the Drogheda indo
as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: