Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WEstmeath Examiner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkchambers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: WEstmeath Examiner Reply with quote

The headline reads " Fisheries staff downplay poaching allegations". Staff say that they dont have problems with NNs and that much of the recent newspaper articles were "laced with extreme racism". An inspector when referring to non nationals was quoted as saying that "we have never had trouble with them. He went on to say that they are very good at paying their permits !!!!!!
The report centres on activity on the Inny. We all know that most NNs dont park at the bridges etc. They have the discovery ordnance survey maps and go up laneways and fish areas well away from bridges etc. I wonder how many inspectors have these maps ???
Biffo
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Westmeath Examiner Reply with quote

JK,
Maybe the poachers will get official representation on the new fisheries board! Any chance of getting my 37 back?
Tight lines,
Biffo.
D Hamill
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

If what the board employees are saying is true, i.e. about poaching and nn's then great!

So, have they pinpointed the blame for anglers woes? Did they find out who the set lines God came across a few weeks back on the lower Shannon belonged to? I doubt if I'm alone in thinking racism has little to do with this issue. Its seems little more than a card to play to belittle ordinary anglers by exploiting the possible overzealous opinion of some anglers who may be less able to express their frustration in a so called politically correct manner. I thought the racism rubbish was put to bed.

The facts in a lot of regions speak for themselves. Surely Paul Bourkes run in a couple of years back on Derravaragh paints a different picture. Do you know anyone who could scan the newspaper article and put it up here as a jpeg, so that at least it can be read? Let anglers judge the facts for themselves when they get a chance to read the article and thereby reply informatively in some way here or to the paper directly. Also "laced with extreme racism", what articles are they referring to? Can you advise anglers on here what the dates of these articles are?

D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> Pike Conservation & Welfare All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: