Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murder in Leixlip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eirefishing
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Murder in Leixlip Reply with quote

Hi Lads,
Just a quick rant about someting very annoying, yesterday 27/02/11 myself and the brother went fishing up the back of the dam in leixlip co. Kildare. Good news is we cought a few nice Roach and 11lb Pike.
There were two other fellas fishing there and every roach they cough was just put into a plastic bag alive, “NO water” I aproached them and asked them what the hell they were doing of coarse they “no english” . Cut a long story short I told them to leave which they did.
We went up again tonight, and I tell you what we only fished for around an hour because we had to leave in discust, the same 2 blokes were there with 5 others, and what we seen sickened us they had at least half a black plastic bag full of mixed fish every thing was going into it even roach a couple of ounces.
To make matters worse they started taunting us tell us to F off you Irish B....... or we will .. bla bla bla.
Aparently this is on all the time in leixlip, where young anglers have been intimadated by the like of these. I remember one time when you would not be there fishing 20mins and a balif would be there on top of you.
Its sad to know this is going on so much . . . . .
Evil or Very Mad
G Donohue
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re Leixlip Reply with quote

Hi, Eirefishing, there is a number u can ring for fisheries in your area 24 hours a day 1890347424, you should get all the help from IFI as they police this area or ring 01 2787022 if its between 9am and 5pm monday to friday. both no's are for IFI
steviedeadbait
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there not reported and caught they will keep doing it
eirefishing
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lads I have reported the matter to IFI just waitin for reply Ill let ye know what happens Wink
Karl Slater
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This used to be a great local fishery. Its where I learnt my trade, most times when the bobbin dropped it was a double. Access is very limited now but where you can fish it's infested with vermin and the rubbish they leave behind. About a year ago I was going to do a short seesion at he dam on a saturday afternoon when the Audi with the dark windos pulled up and out jumps the not too friendly looking gorillas. Deciding that my gear was too valuable I left them to it.
Nice to know I pay my taxes so these can come here and ra*e the sh*t out of our waters. Up the other end of the ressie is no better with litter and beer cans along with the remains of BBQ,s strewn along the bank.
This would have been a great place for my young lad to go and catch fish, but no more.

Regards
Karl
D Laffan
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like has been said report them on the spot,makes my blood boil that carry on does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: