Angling In Ireland Forum Index Angling In Ireland

Welcome to The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs message board

You are invited to use this message board to discuss angling topics, however you must register in order to make posts to the forums

Please be advised that postings that are argumentative and those that may detract from the enjoyment of other users of this forum will be removed.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> General Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taggie
Junior Fisherman
Junior Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Hi from scotland Reply with quote

just signed up on here and would like to say hi. My name is paul and i live in rothesay, on the isle of bute. we are on the west coast of scotland

will be out in ireland in june for a wedding and will be bringing my float tube and fly rod. does anyone in the westport area do this sort of fishing? perhaps we could meet up and fish together? Not been out for a few years now so really looking forward to it.
look forward to reading all about the fantastic fishing in ireland

tight lines Wink
jkchambers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.
Not really that many float tubers over hear and I think most would be in the Midlands and East of the country.
I will check out where would be good for you
FloatTubeAddict
Regular Fisherman
Regular Fisherman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Basically the farther west you go the more exposed and windy the loughs get, so tubing in the west is not often seen.

However you can tailor the choice of lake to the weather, and there are plenty of small hill loughs to look into. Those would be trout loughs.

There are pike lakes in the Castlebar area which is pretty close to where you will be, and they get fished hard. But they would be well worth looking into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Angling In Ireland Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: